Within the SIMS itself, there are built-in challenges. Such as Lot challenges, career aspirations, becoming a master vampire etc. You might find yourself finishing those challenges, or they don’t intrigue you to try.
There are so many fun challenges for you to try in the SIMS 4 created by other simmers. I’ve already covered CAS Challenges and Build Challenges. These cover challenges are of the gameplay variety. Here are the most common challenges YouTubers and more have been doing:
- Breed out the Ugly
- Summary: You start out with an “ugly” Sim. You then have kids with other SIMS, and you try to make the most ‘normal’ child sim within the fewest generations as possible. Normally this is acheived within 5 generations.
- The 100 Baby
- This is an infamous challenge. In summary you have one matriach and try to 100 babies. Many famous simmers have tried this. Below is a link to the rules which makes it difficult.
- Not so Berry Lecacy Challenge
- Created by the famous lilsimsie. This is a generational game play where each generation has specific tasks to complete. It gives you a taste of everything SIMS has to offer.
- From Rags to Riches
- Here you start with 0 and work your way to 1 million dollars any way. It’s a great free form game play
- Starving Artist
- For the artist in all of us! I think painting is one of the funniest skills in the SIMS.
- Gold Digger
- Starting with 0 you marry 10 times and have your spouses die naturally. The goal is to have 100 k or more at the end!
- Black Widow
- Similar to the Gold Digger Challenge but with twist you have to kill your spouse. There are more rules. It’s ruthless but it’s fun to be evil sometimes.
- 24 hours
- I’ve see so many simmers do this where they leave a sims play for a full 24 hours (in SIMS time) by itself. Usually, bad things happen. I would love to see if there was one where the sims are fine.
If you are looking for more ideas, check out the SIMs forum https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15385098/#Comment._15385098 and here https://gamerant.com/sims-four-interesting-challenges/
They have great ideas, and I love the community!